Well, three things, really!
- The month of November (every year)
- Writing (or blog posting, content creation, sometimes even images)
- and the craziest of them all, I’m registered in each of them.
Before you run off to tell people I’ve completely lost it, it’s really not so bad. They all overlap. The novel writing is something I was working on anyway. Contentpalooza is fun, and part of my regular routine. And blogging every day is already part of my routine. Promoting my writing is a completely different animal.
It’s not too late to jump in, if you have the desire to create more content before the holidays approach. Here’s how you can get started.
This is where I first got my feet wet, last November. It seemed like a far fetched challenge. With 50,000 words to write before the end of the month I wasn’t sure how things would go. But, I captured help files & responses to clients (to re-purpose as blog content at a later date), and did some free writing. In the first 3 days I’d hit 10,000 words. Big eye opener. Just from doing what I was already doing, but capturing it & doing a word count.
This year the challenge is for 30,000 words, or 30 images (since pictures are worth a thousand words, get it?). There is an amazing group of 200+ entrepreneurs who are keeping each other accountable in Facebook. http://ContentPalooza.com
For those who are ready to write a novel in a month (or maybe not ready?). The challenge is also for 50,000 words, and there are small and large groups supporting each other everywhere you look (or, everywhere I look, anyway). http://www.nanowrimo.org
A daily blog posting challenge with over 300 bloggers registered (the last time I checked), with daily prompts from Monday to Friday so there are no excuses. You won’t run out of ideas anyway. I’m sure of it. Oh, and there are prizes for finishing. http://www.blogher.com/sign-novembers-nablopomo-and-join-blogging-party
My Goals during November?
- Write blog post content daily (on another blog, related to my travels & housesitting this past year – if you’re curious drop me a note. I won’t be promoting it here for quite some time, if ever)
- Creating content, interviewing entrepreneurs & getting ready for the big launch of HerPortableBiz.com
- Stay relatively sane through the entire process by reminding myself to keep it simple. And take imperfect action. (Maybe even become more sane, by clearing the cobwebs & writing? Who knows!)
Will you be there? Are there other ones I’ve missed?
Tag me on twitter, or drop me a note on Facebook. I’m going to try to stay focused on writing as much as possible, which mean being a little bit more restrained with my social media time. )That part may be the biggest challenge for me).
Happy November Writing Month – which ever method you choose.